International students are going for courses that are a pathway to presumably securing them a permanent residency in Australia. Every student coming to Australia on a student visa plans to study, work and acquire a permanent residency in the country furthermore to prosper with their career ambitions. Students get their post-study Work Visa under (Visa subclass 485) on successful completion of their degree/course. It's essential that the educational qualification and the jobs match one another’s requirement within the medium and long term occupation list of the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA).
Trade courses have job-ready programs for students who have an Australian qualification. JRP is an employment-based skills assessment program that gives students a chance to demonstrate that their skills and jobs are relevant to their appointed occupation, in an Australian work place before students apply for the migration application process in Australia.
The Trade Recognition of Australia (TRA) is a body that provides these services of skills assessment with the specialization for the assessment of those skills involving trade gained in Australia. A positive assessment will lead a student towards Permanent residency in Australia.
Things you need to Consider
To apply for a permanent residency in the land down under you need to first know about the PR course list in Australia which will offer you the same facility. Few courses from the course list will be discussed later in this article.
But for now, these are the few points you need to consider before applying for a work visa:
- You must fulfill the study requirement needed which is you should at least study in the country for a minimum duration of 2 years. The same might vary depending on the course you choose and the level of it. It also depends on whether it is a higher education course or a vocational study which leads to higher education.
- After you finish with six months of studying in Australia, you can apply for the post-study work visa.
- During your post-study job, your job description has to match the job description available on ANZSCO. The same is a body named as Australia & New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) that collects, analyze the occupations datum across government organizations and publishes it. The Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) uses this to capture each and every viable information from all the settlements, citizenships and all the other various types of visas in the same category.
- If you have one year of post-study work experience in Australia, then that is going to fetch your extra brownie points while you fill up the application for permanent residency in the country.
- The course of study you plan to do must exist under CRICOS. Migration agents in Perth can come in remarkably handy to provide you further assistance if required. The migration agents will also help you in providing the list of the courses that will lead you to get a permanent residency in the country.
Now we will discuss a little more about the courses which will lead you to permanent residency in Australia. You can also get in touch with us or be it a valid immigration consultant in that case in line to get more assistance regarding the same.
PR Course List in Australia
Few courses which an overseas student looking for a permanent residency in Australia are:
- Computer and IT: Students interested in information technology and are good with computers can fulfill their dreams of pursuing a good career in the country with a permanent residency as well.
- Engineering: Engineering students from any trade can apply for a permanent residency in the country as soon as they complete with their six months of course time.
- Nursing and Medical Courses: Another profound way to apply for a permanent residency in the country is through a short course in nursing. Also, all the other medical courses will offer the same facility.
- Social Work: Social work short courses are available in a lot of trade. An overseas student can also acquire a permanent residency in Australia with social work.
So now that you know what it takes to have a permanent residency in Australia. Moreover, migration agents in Perth will be of great help to you regarding more details on the same. You can also feel free to contact us with all immigration-related requirements.